Maryville’s next strategic plan is entitled, 的访问 and 革命的机会: Maryville 2030. It is crafted around our strategic vision articulated in 2015 and still vitally important today: Maryville is the innovative leader in higher education promoting a revolution in student learning that expands access and opportunity for all. Rooted in the digital revolution that surrounds us, this plan embodies a total commitment to access and opportunity, 尖端的创新, robust student outcomes and the creation of an active learning and living ecosystem that stays with the learner for their entire life.
I encourage you to review our strategic plan, embrace its values and vision. Join us as Maryville leads a revolution in higher education that will remake the University of the twenty-first century.
Maryville is the innovative leader in higher education, forging a revolution in student learning that expands access and opportunity for all.
Maryville University was founded in 1872 by the Religious of the Sacred Heart, an order established in France by women dedicated to excellence in education. One of the oldest private institutions in St. 路易, Maryville was originally an academy for young women and was located in South St. 路易. The academy evolved into a junior college and became a four-year college in 1923. It became Maryville University of Saint 路易 in June 1991. The institution’s visionary grasp of the growth potential of West St. 路易 County sparked its purchase in the late 1950’s of 290 acres adjacent to U.S. 伍兹米尔路40号. The dedication of the new campus on this site in 1961 marked the beginning of Maryville’s mission as a community-focused institution grounded in the liberal arts.
We are proud of our heritage as a Sacred Heart institution, which continues to inform our growth. Maryville became an independent institution of higher learning in 1972, and since that time has become a coeducational University responding to the educational needs of the community. Our liberal arts and professional programs serve students of all ages, from traditional undergraduate students to working adults to online students across the globe.
This heritage bequeathed to us by the Religious of the Sacred Heart includes a commitment to the education of the whole person through programs designed to meet the needs of traditional and non-traditional students offered on multiple platforms including digital, 虚拟和地面体验. We are committed to provide an excellent, 具有挑战性的, mentoring education where a diverse student body is free to explore issues of ethics, spiritual place and questions of conscience.
The evolving core values of Maryville are rooted in our traditions and mindful of the dynamic, 高等教育性质的变化. They reflect not only what we value and how we articulate it but also what we want to impart to our students now and in the future.
- Perfect active learning and living ecosystems with learner outcomes at the forefront of everything we do.
- Implement a learner-focused collective technology strategy, giving the learner agency through flexible, 智能数字解决方案.
To start a conversation about how Maryville is driving for collective engagement, 点击这里.
- Guarantee access and opportunity for all who desire it where cost never prevents a learner from beginning or continuing their educational journey.
Access and Opportunity for All is the lifeblood of the Maryville ecosystem. To begin a discussion around what this means for all of us, 点击这里.
- Recruit, retain, develop and foster a truly diverse, equitable, and inclusive campus culture.
- Create seamless automated services rooted in ethical AI and data analytics
To speak with us about how DEI and technology are working together for Maryville, 点击这里.
- Expand our learner base to millions across multiple integrated platforms and actively engage and serve learners across their lifespan.
- Facilitate the life-long learner journey with personalized, data-driven tools based on mutual trust and a commitment to the learner’s career success.
To understand how our life-long learner journey is changing the face of higher education, 点击这里.